Grey's Point Camp in Topping, VA is looking for summer interns.
Information regarding the internship program is below.
This internship is paid and will provide housing.
Recreation Department Internship
Grey’s Point Camp
3601 Grey’s Point Road. Topping, VA 23169
General Manager: Scott Schlick
Recreation Coordinator: Jillian Whitney
Stipend & Living Arrangements:
Stipend: Recreation Interns will receive $1,500/month, pro-rated and will be paid on a biweekly basis.
Transportation: A vehicle is not required at Grey’s Point Camp. Housing is located on site making it easy to walk or bike to work. However, a vehicle may be helpful when wanting to leave property for extracurricular activities and shopping.
Housing: Each intern will be provided with their own recreational vehicle, rent free. The units include all utilities at no extra charge including electric, propane, air conditioning, and cable.
Housing Amenities: Free utilities, laundry services located on-site, access to all recreation rentals & water park, and various employee discounts.
Job Description & Opportunities:
Job Description: The Recreation Intern is responsible for ensuring our guests have fun through the development and implementation of theme weekends, special events and dynamic recreation and leisure offerings.
Reports To: Recreation Coordinator & General Manager
Effective Date: May 2017
- Pursuing collegiate degree in recreation, leisure, hospitality, event management, or similar major
- Ability to work outside
- Lift 50 pounds safely
- Work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to work 6 days a week during operating season including holidays and weekends
- Deliver first class customer service
- Responsible for development of an activity schedule that includes daily, weekly and special events for guests of all ages
- Plan the complete details of each individual event including supplies, food service, volunteers, entertainment and staff support
- Production of a timely and detailed list of activities
- Promotion of planned events through the use of social media, signs, bulletin boards, staff members and welcome packs
- Provide qualitative and quantitative reports on the completion of activities, theme weekends and special events, including participant numbers, cost allocations, profit/loss, successes and recommendations for the future
- Survey and solicit guests to determine the recreation needs of guests
- Solicit volunteers to assist with recreation activities and events
- Complete expectations of school internship/practicum requirements in a timely manner and communicate appropriately with school advisors and the internship property
- Comply with resort uniform and appearance guidelines
- Provide guests with impromptu activities when changes in weather or business warrant
- Inspect recreation facilities and amenities to ensure proper and safe operations
- Coordinate preparation prior to, and clean up after, of building and facilities for events
- Assist with implementation of large group events and rally groups
- Report any required maintenance on resort campsites, buildings, amenities or grounds
- In addition to the duties described here, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the resort. All staff members are expected to assist in other job functions as needed by the resort
Opportunities: Cross training work in other departments is an option with positive aspects to gain additional hands-on training in various departments.
Obviously each day in the recreational field is not the same as the previous but that is what makes this job interesting and FUN! Some days you will be busy hard at work facilitating scheduled activities while other days you are in the office brainstorming ideas to plan for the upcoming weeks. The hospitality industry is always changing and our positions need to reflect those changes. It can be assured to you that days at Grey’s Point Camp are never boring!
Field Site Location
Topping, Virginia 23169
Fax: No fax number available
- Semester: Summer
- Housing: Provided
- Length (Weeks): Unspecified
- Compensation: Paid
Estimated number of weekly hours not available