The State of Missouri, Department of Mental Health at Fulton State Hospital (FSH) is looking for energetic, caring, enthusiastic Recreation Therapists to provide services as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team to mentally ill forensic clients in a high security setting. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate compassion and an ability to work in a trauma informed and recovery based environment.
FSH in Fulton, Missouri, a small town located 30 minutes from Columbia (University of Missouri), and midway between St. Louis and Kansas City. FSH is a 450 bed psychiatric state hospital, with a new state-of-the art 300 bed high security unit, Nixon Forensic Center (NFC). Within NFC are four distinct long term treatment programs, each serving 75 clients. We also have a 150 bed sex offender treatment program (SORTS) on our campus and a 25 bed minimum security until for individuals with intellectual deficits. Visit our website https://dmh.mo.gov/fulton/for more information.
Hours of Work: Primarily 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, with flexibility required to meet program needs.
Salary Range: Starting from $36,000 - $41,000, depending on experience/qualifications. There is also an additional 12% in high security settings.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assessment of basic skill functioning related to services provided through the Rehabilitation Services Department.
- Planning and implementing a wide range of treatment groups designed to meet the social, vocational, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of the clients.
- Case management including developing and maintaining individual treatment plans and related documentation, individual therapy, goal setting, family contact and client advocacy.
- Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings and weekly program meetings.
- Competency in the implementation of assigned psychosocial program principles and procedures.
- CTRS welcome, but not required.
- College degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field
- Must be at least 21 years old for entry in the high security settings
Excellent State of Missouri Benefit Package Including:
- Affordable Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Basic Life Insurance (amount equivalent to annual salary)
- Cafeteria Plan
- Deferred Compensation
- MOSERS Retirement (Members contribute 4% of pay)
- Vested in 5 Years
- 12 Paid Holidays per Year
- 10 Hours of Annual Leave Accrued per Month
- 10 Hours of Sick Leave Accrued per Month