The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS); Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center (SRSTC) is recruiting to fill a Recreational Therapist position in Mauston, WI.
Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center opened in 2001 and houses Wisconsin's Sexually Violent Persons Program. The goal of the center is treating and teaching patients with a history of sexual aggression toward the goal of providing a safe return to the community.
State of Wisconsin benefits includes nearly 4 weeks of vacation, 9 paid holidays, ample sick time, a top rated health plan, multiple insurance options and an exceptional retirement plan.
Work hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with occasional evenings, and 2 Saturdays a quarter.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a Recreational Therapy Program on the Skill Care Unit (SCU), the Transitional Living Unit (TLU), the Learning Independence for the Future through Experience (LIFE) Center, and throughout the facility. This includes assessing the needs of the patients, developing programming based on their needs, collaborating with other disciplines, participation as an active member of the multidisciplinary team, providing training and consultation, and preparing patients for community life. Duties and responsibilities are completed in conformance with the goals of the Therapeutic Services Department and in compliance of the policy and procedures of Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center (SRSTC).
Minimally qualified applicants will have:
- Certification or eligible for certification within 6 months of hire as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist. For questions regarding certification, please visit National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification.
- Experience and education in assessing and documenting patient leisure needs and strengths
- Experience and education with developing and implementing leisure opportunities, community services, and re-entry and independent living skills
- Experience working in a secure setting (i.e., mental health or corrections)
In addition, well-qualified applicants will have:
- Experience working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience or education developing goals and objectives to meet the needs of patients
- Experience or education with utilizing verbal intervention techniques (i.e., motivational interviewing)
Here is link to the posting and details on how to apply:
Stacy Veldhuizen, CTRS
Central Wisconsin Center
Adult Programs Supervisor